Skip to main content

Part two.

Sort of glad that only a handful of people read my simple raw line. 

 ''I'm learning to listen. not going too great but I am.''

Ha! Y'all really thought I'd write a post that short and leave it at that? Man I thought I could. Best believe I was very uncomfortable with it. Probably a blend of the fear of being misunderstood and feeling naked  because who likes to announce the things they know they are not good at? Or the traits or the lack of them there of that need improvement?

I would like for people to think I get a lot of things right but I in fact don't. It's almost like I mess up more than I don't. I hope you aren't sensing false vulnerability from reading this because it seems an awful lot like that. Where someone (me) thinks that by touching the surface of my imperfection (very vaguely if I may add), that someone else (you) will relate with me on a more human realistic level ( which is always the secondary hope I have when I write to you all. The primary being that you are in some way admonished, reflective, pensive, challenged, edified and in awe of beauty and God.) 

To be honest, I'm talking too much today because all above is far from what I plan on talking about. (thanks for hanging in there)

Alright so listening;
There is definitely two fronts to it. Listening as in hearing and obeying. And listening as in listening. 
As in quiet. I'm talking about as in quiet. I have learnt over the years ( just a couple honestly because this listening process is a fairly new journey) that listening has a lot to do with humility. As in being ready to hear in full what another party has to say and or is saying without judgement or critique. (the judging can come in after) Yes I am talking about politics. Just kidding. I mean parties in general. Listening also in the context of ''maybe I don't know everything.'' ''Maybe I need to learn more and in fact could.''

I also know that listening entails being slow to speak. Or is it normal to connect silence to listening?Like, ''because I say less I am listening more.'' That's false. I want to say that being slow to speak which is coincidentally right after the instruction to be quick to listen in Scripture does mean though that there is an interlocking of those two things.

Why am I saying all this? I am learning to listen, learning humility (especially considering I am a talker, with such a mouth and hardly any ears. mbitadde mu poetry kati.) learning to honor people no matter and in spite of what they have to say. (not to be confused with tolerance.)

What does this have to do with any of you? Well, honest, I don't know. Be happy for me maybe. Or be challenged and look into your own life for when you've been too proud to listen or too sure to question or too noisy to be silent. 
Tying this altogether. Even God has things to say. Listen.


James 1:19
'' My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry.'' 

Comments

  1. Today I learn that to listen( as in hear and obey) takes and requires humility. Thank ue. I am always blessed. Tho I don't always comment. Buh I promise to start commenting. Oooh I ave said too much but yeah. Listening requires humility. Thanx again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah thank you for reading! Yes. I'd love for us to continue the conversation! Also thank you for this feedback. Loveeee itttt!

      Delete
  2. The listening thing is hard TBH especially when you talk a lot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but it's a good thing. I've also been teaching myself to be a better listener

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually thought it was going to be that shortπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Need of Grace.

To be honest, i've been spinning round and round in my head, for an amazing introduction-a great abstract to use to bring the truth i wanna share to life, a way to have you expecting the next word and the next because you know, it's been a minute since i wrote anything up here and there's a couple cobwebs i need to clear. I haven't gotten any-except for confessing what i just have. To sprinkle a little more honesty across this page, a prayer i read(yes, i read prayers, because sometimes all i can say is an amen to the request of another saint; as we are more alike than we think and more collectively in need of grace than we'd maybe like to admit) said, "O Lord, thou knowest my present deadness." And it's almost like a heavy weight was lifted-i understand this may be for a few, or for you to understand that the predicaments of the faith are deep and great. I'm where i want to be, lacking no good thing. Happy, healthy and feeling c

Dear Child of God.

Dear child of God,  This one is for you. A while ago in my life, I knew something was wrong. Later when I settled down, I mean days after, I realized that my heart was walking away. The centre of my thoughts and feelings and emotions and dreams and visions, was walking away. Not because it changed destination. But because it had distractions. Dear child of God, Never let the loudness of life or rather the noise rob your heart of path. let it run, ablaze. An untamable fire, For it's savior, dear child of God. Love, Your sister.