Skip to main content
''T'was grace that taught my heart to fear. '' ring a bell? Pretty popular hymn. I heard an upbeat version of it on the radio today. There's upbeats of everything these days, (scratched my head to look for an extra out of the box example; I got nothin')
Anywayyyy, I dwelt on those 8 words for a couple of minutes.
That is actually scripture, Titus 2:11. The grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people, instructing us to deny godlessness and worldly lusts and to live in a sensible, righteous and godly way in the present age.......
I always like to say that deliberate sin is more than a ''taking advantage of grace'' to an even worse case scenario which is; simply not understanding the intensity of grace as a whole in and of itself.
That we do not deserve redemption or eternal life but grace came through Christ or rather Christ came in grace: also scripture, John 1:14 and 16.
My point is, God's grace causes men to be transformed. His love pursuit so attractive, drawing men to himself. His love display, well...displayed on the cross.
And so with all power over sin, through Christ, by grace we can chose to not give in.
To love Christ by obeying Him because he says if you love Him you will obey Him.
I always thought that phrase through because even in genuine love for a friend, I could be a horrible friend back, or be a disobedient daughter even if my parents mean the world to me, and so that condition seemed like the hardest most unfair pill to swallow. But think about it...If you love someone and believe that all they ask of you is good, then you will more often than not desire so strongly to honor them. And you know what, even if that were not the case, it still stands that love works with obedience. A better point to stress would be that instead of me working from an obedience perspective,  I should  from a love angle. a basis of because I love you, Lord. And, love grows. So forgive the pressure you feel when you are expected to obey, and maybe not fall short. transformation should be a given but even we sometimes get the order wrong, our bad.
Dwell and focus on God's love for  you, then will you grow in yours for him and while at it, walk in obedience, by the grace that He everyday gives.
Do not get me wrong, it is not, ''God has been so good and gracious, I owe him good deeds and obedience,'' it's,''God, you are full of grace, I am undeserving, but help me live for you, for each day.''
It is not what we do that qualifies or perfects us, but by obedience do we express our love for him. What he call us to do, is a whole other post. (insert laughing emoji)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need of Grace.

To be honest, i've been spinning round and round in my head, for an amazing introduction-a great abstract to use to bring the truth i wanna share to life, a way to have you expecting the next word and the next because you know, it's been a minute since i wrote anything up here and there's a couple cobwebs i need to clear. I haven't gotten any-except for confessing what i just have. To sprinkle a little more honesty across this page, a prayer i read(yes, i read prayers, because sometimes all i can say is an amen to the request of another saint; as we are more alike than we think and more collectively in need of grace than we'd maybe like to admit) said, "O Lord, thou knowest my present deadness." And it's almost like a heavy weight was lifted-i understand this may be for a few, or for you to understand that the predicaments of the faith are deep and great. I'm where i want to be, lacking no good thing. Happy, healthy and feeling c

Part two.

Sort of glad that only a handful of people read my simple raw line.   ''I'm learning to listen. not going too great but I am.'' Ha! Y'all really thought I'd write a post that short and leave it at that? Man I thought I could. Best believe I was very uncomfortable with it. Probably a blend of the fear of being misunderstood and feeling naked  because who likes to announce the things they know they are not good at? Or the traits or the lack of them there of that need improvement? I would like for people to think I get a lot of things right but I in fact don't. It's almost like I mess up more than I don't. I hope you aren't sensing false vulnerability from reading this because it seems an awful lot like that. Where someone (me) thinks that by touching the surface of my imperfection (very vaguely if I may add), that someone else (you) will relate with me on a more human realistic level ( which is always the secondary hope I have when I write to y

Dear Child of God.

Dear child of God,  This one is for you. A while ago in my life, I knew something was wrong. Later when I settled down, I mean days after, I realized that my heart was walking away. The centre of my thoughts and feelings and emotions and dreams and visions, was walking away. Not because it changed destination. But because it had distractions. Dear child of God, Never let the loudness of life or rather the noise rob your heart of path. let it run, ablaze. An untamable fire, For it's savior, dear child of God. Love, Your sister.