Skip to main content

He will give you faith.

Last night was one of the toughest nights for me yet. And if you are like me and you think life is a musical, you probably sang the song "last night  by Kranium" after reading the first two words. Yes. That along with everything else I am about to write on is to show you that I am 100% human.  A girl, with battles and such and not too out of touch with things around. Like music. I love music.
I'm drifting off far too much right now.
          As I was saying, it was tough.
It was like a hurricane destroying belief I had built up for years. Scriptures were being torn down and apart, faith being blown away,
Doubt, wanting to understand, needing clarity. Looking for comfort in certainty. that describes the weather of my heart last night.
So 1. Yes, even I lose it, within myself and just want to cry.
     2. It's not that I am everyday perfectly in love with Jesus, everyday being a vessel, or everyday "repping the set" in fact I do that more not than often of late.
    3. The fact and truth is that God wants us to find comfort in him and not in answers.

Usually, when I'm knocked down like that I tell a couple people. People who are mentoring me and such and such. And they will say the things that I have gotten so used to hearing that I even tell others now.
And you have probably heard or not.

"Oh, God's ways are high above. He is good. Trust in that truth and the truth that is in Him and is Him."
"Some things we can't and won't ever find answers to. At least not on this earth."
And I could go on and on.

And to be honest, in that moment. I was so angry. Angry at how unsatisfying those answers can actually be. I don't know about you but I never not ask. There isn't too many inquisitives around but they that ask, can really push it. And so yes, you see where I'm coming from.

But you know what, this does not even end with me giving anything different from the above. In fact, I don't need to climax. Because you've read it already.
In my philosphy class, we learnt that "only when you challenge a view can you decide if it's worth having."
And I second to that. The moments of surfing through the waves of trying to wrap a finite mind around an infinite being with infinite ways can throw you off your surfboard, but God controls the waves.

I went to church today, and cried my eyes out when the song they sang happened to have said "Give me faith, to trust what you say. That you're good and your love is great."

That song alone and my honest cry to God for faith and more faith, gave me back my bearing.
Sing and cry out with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need of Grace.

To be honest, i've been spinning round and round in my head, for an amazing introduction-a great abstract to use to bring the truth i wanna share to life, a way to have you expecting the next word and the next because you know, it's been a minute since i wrote anything up here and there's a couple cobwebs i need to clear. I haven't gotten any-except for confessing what i just have. To sprinkle a little more honesty across this page, a prayer i read(yes, i read prayers, because sometimes all i can say is an amen to the request of another saint; as we are more alike than we think and more collectively in need of grace than we'd maybe like to admit) said, "O Lord, thou knowest my present deadness." And it's almost like a heavy weight was lifted-i understand this may be for a few, or for you to understand that the predicaments of the faith are deep and great. I'm where i want to be, lacking no good thing. Happy, healthy and feeling c

Part two.

Sort of glad that only a handful of people read my simple raw line.   ''I'm learning to listen. not going too great but I am.'' Ha! Y'all really thought I'd write a post that short and leave it at that? Man I thought I could. Best believe I was very uncomfortable with it. Probably a blend of the fear of being misunderstood and feeling naked  because who likes to announce the things they know they are not good at? Or the traits or the lack of them there of that need improvement? I would like for people to think I get a lot of things right but I in fact don't. It's almost like I mess up more than I don't. I hope you aren't sensing false vulnerability from reading this because it seems an awful lot like that. Where someone (me) thinks that by touching the surface of my imperfection (very vaguely if I may add), that someone else (you) will relate with me on a more human realistic level ( which is always the secondary hope I have when I write to y

Dear Child of God.

Dear child of God,  This one is for you. A while ago in my life, I knew something was wrong. Later when I settled down, I mean days after, I realized that my heart was walking away. The centre of my thoughts and feelings and emotions and dreams and visions, was walking away. Not because it changed destination. But because it had distractions. Dear child of God, Never let the loudness of life or rather the noise rob your heart of path. let it run, ablaze. An untamable fire, For it's savior, dear child of God. Love, Your sister.