Skip to main content

The Matrix

It's supposed to be a classic, this movie I watched a couple days ago.
In fact, I think it is. Such a philosophical movie what what.
Anyway, quick run through; the world is being controlled by secret agents of artificial intelligence, to be honest, I don't even know if the matrix was those scary sketchy robotic like creatures or if it was  the computer running the humans and being in control of their minds giving them false realities or what it was! I was sleepy and scared as I watched the movie. It's title? The Matrix.😁

But here's my point.
The truth of  the matter ( for the main actor Neo) being that nothing he had ever experienced in his life was actually real was a hard pill to swallow. (he discovered that everything he had ever experienced was only an illusion.)
Neo always knew there was something that he didn't understand, something odd about the world and he was determined to make sense of it and find clarity.
Neo meets Morpheus, pretty heroic all knowing guy, who gives him a pill that changes his life forever. The pill that opens his eyes, shows him what's actually happening. (The humans were being controlled, made to live in a virtual world and think it was reality)
One of the conversations that stood out for me was between Neo and another guy, who was telling him that Morpheus is a user who "frees you to rule you" if I may briefly paraphrase. "He opens your eyes but you are subject to obey him"
I have really twitched the script  but you get what I'm saying.
Guess who I immediately thought of. Just take a wild guess.
God.
Sometimes that's the image we have of Him.
And yet being freed by Him is true freedom even though it seems like something else.
Because you are made stronger than your sin. So yes you are freed to be enslaved. Freed to follow. 

Paul explains it really nice in the 6th chapter of His book to the Romans saying, freed from sin to become a servant of righteousness. 

But no, God isn't power hungry or needing to satisfy His ego by rescuing people demanding submission but He saves, and we owe Him our white flags. It is in fact, the way we respond.


By the way, Neo ends up being a hero and saving their world and freeing everybody.

Your purpose might not be as big, but God saves who he saves for His glory.

You gotta want to be a part of this!

This holy matrix! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need of Grace.

To be honest, i've been spinning round and round in my head, for an amazing introduction-a great abstract to use to bring the truth i wanna share to life, a way to have you expecting the next word and the next because you know, it's been a minute since i wrote anything up here and there's a couple cobwebs i need to clear. I haven't gotten any-except for confessing what i just have. To sprinkle a little more honesty across this page, a prayer i read(yes, i read prayers, because sometimes all i can say is an amen to the request of another saint; as we are more alike than we think and more collectively in need of grace than we'd maybe like to admit) said, "O Lord, thou knowest my present deadness." And it's almost like a heavy weight was lifted-i understand this may be for a few, or for you to understand that the predicaments of the faith are deep and great. I'm where i want to be, lacking no good thing. Happy, healthy and feeling c

Part two.

Sort of glad that only a handful of people read my simple raw line.   ''I'm learning to listen. not going too great but I am.'' Ha! Y'all really thought I'd write a post that short and leave it at that? Man I thought I could. Best believe I was very uncomfortable with it. Probably a blend of the fear of being misunderstood and feeling naked  because who likes to announce the things they know they are not good at? Or the traits or the lack of them there of that need improvement? I would like for people to think I get a lot of things right but I in fact don't. It's almost like I mess up more than I don't. I hope you aren't sensing false vulnerability from reading this because it seems an awful lot like that. Where someone (me) thinks that by touching the surface of my imperfection (very vaguely if I may add), that someone else (you) will relate with me on a more human realistic level ( which is always the secondary hope I have when I write to y

Dear Child of God.

Dear child of God,  This one is for you. A while ago in my life, I knew something was wrong. Later when I settled down, I mean days after, I realized that my heart was walking away. The centre of my thoughts and feelings and emotions and dreams and visions, was walking away. Not because it changed destination. But because it had distractions. Dear child of God, Never let the loudness of life or rather the noise rob your heart of path. let it run, ablaze. An untamable fire, For it's savior, dear child of God. Love, Your sister.